Dallas Business Litigation Lawyers
Wood Edwards LLP is a business litigation law firm in Dallas. We offer efficiency, flexibility & extraordinary personal service.
If you are in need of legal representation, we encourage you to contact our firm. We will accurately and thoroughly assess your case and explain your legal rights. If the matter needs to be resolved, we will tell you. But if fighting is your best option, the firm is ready to do that as well.
Areas of Practice
Wood Edwards LLP is a group of experienced attorneys who are ready to help you navigate a varitey of complex legal practice areas which are detailed below.
- Business Divorce
- Are Independent Contractors Bound to Non-Compete Agreements in Texas?
- Are There Geographic Limitations on Texas Non-Compete Agreements?
- Strategies for Getting Out of a Non-Compete Agreement in Texas
- Why It’s Critical for Texas Physicians to Have their Employment Contracts Reviewed by a Lawyer
- The Scoop on Non- Compete Clauses in Physician Employment Contracts
- The Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act (Tutsa)
- When Can an Employer Sue an Employee?
- Asset and Stock Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Business Contracts and Agreements
- Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreements
- Creating and Protecting Trademarks
- Formation of Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships and Professional Associations
- Partnership, Limited Liability Company, and Professional Entity Operating and Partnership Agreements, Bylaws, Voting Agreements and Minutes
We Help Resolve Business Disputes
A dispute can arise in any type of transaction. For business entities, business owners and other individuals, it is critical to handle disputes appropriately and efficiently.
Businesses of all types and sizes face business disputes at some point during their existence. These conflicts can be with another business, a customer, a lender, shareholders, or any number of different individuals or other entities. At times these disputes escalate and may require litigation to protect a company’s interests. An experienced attorney can help you through all stages of a lawsuit, from negotiating a settlement to fighting in the courtroom.
Complex business litigation claims frequently involve competing federal and state laws, administrative regulations, multiple contracts with potentially conflicting provisions, and a course of dealing between the parties which may supply contractual terms that are otherwise not explicit. Business litigation matters can also sometimes involve seeking or defending against temporary restraining orders and other injunctive relief.
We have represented our clients in lawsuits in federal and state courts all over Texas, as well as in several surrounding states. Our attorneys are experienced and ready to take the action necessary to protect the best interests of our clients, whether it is litigation or a more amicable resolution.