Some companies and individuals decide to resolve disputes through arbitration instead of going to court. In other cases, parties are obligated to go through arbitration to resolve certain business and employment matters.
In arbitration, a matter is decided by a panel, rather than a single judge. Arbitration is regarded by many as quicker, more efficient and more private than litigation, but many attorneys view it as a lawsuit in a different form. Usually, the results of arbitration are binding.
At Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP, we are experienced in arbitrating complex commercial and employment disputes. We understand the format, the procedures and the benefits of commercial arbitration. We can assist you if your matter involves:
- An employment-related problem such as alleged harassment or discrimination, or an overtime claim;
- A noncompete, nonsolicitation or nondisclosure agreement, or another employment contract;
- Alleged breach of contract or breach of fiduciary duty;
- An oil and gas dispute;
- Fraud or tortious interference; and
- A dispute specific to banking, finance, securities (FINRA arbitration), or technology.