If you are starting a new business, it is important to consider your options for the formation of your legal entity. The way you set up your company or partnership can facilitate your success or impede you from reaching your objectives.
Particularly with regard to concerns about ownership structure, tax and liability, you should have guidance from an experienced business attorney. Your business is unique, and it should be treated that way from the beginning.
At Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP in Dallas, Texas, we provide practical, cost-effective counsel regarding business formation and business transactions. As your lawyers, we will take the time to understand your goals, and we will always make sure your best interests guide the advice we give you. We can help you with:
- The formation of a limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership, professional association (PA) or professional corporation (PC), sole proprietorship or other entity that is best for your business;
- The paperwork that must be filed with the state to create your entity;
- The operating agreement or partnership agreement for the new entity as well as its organizational resolutions (“minutes”);
- Business organization and business succession planning; and
- Business lawsuits that emerge or are threatened.