Dallas Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
What is Employee Discrimination in Dallas?
Discrimination occurs when an employee is treated differently than similar employees.
In order for an employee to have a valid discrimination claim, an employer must take a tangible adverse employment action against the employee.
This adverse action could include a termination, layoff, demotion, reduction in compensation or benefits, reassignment to lesser duties, or a failure to promote.
Federal and state law protects employees from discrimination in the workplace based on certain classifications.
Who are the Protected Employee Classes in Texas?
Employees can claim discrimination on the basis of protected status such as:
How to File a Discrimination Claim in Texas
Employees can claim discrimination on the basis of protected statuses such as age, disability, sex, race, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, and religion. Our attorneys prosecute discrimination claims under federal statutes such as:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act;
- Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- and under Texas state law
Our attorneys will assess the merits of the claim, control the damage and work toward the outcome you desire.
Some advantages of our approach include:
- You come first – As our client, you and your interests are our first priority.
- Proven experience – We have successfully represented numerous employees throughout Dallas facing all types of employment law matters.
- Education and representation – Our lawyers will explain the different types of discrimination cases and evaluate the merits of the claim and the best way to deal with it.
Defending Employers Against Discrimination Claims
For employers, these cases can be costly from both a financial and “reputation management” perspective. Whether you have experienced illegal discrimination or your business has been accused of discrimination against an employee or a group of employees, the attorneys at Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP, Dallas discrimination lawyers, can help.
We understand that discrimination claims can be a costly distraction for a business and an emotional time for an employee. Our goal is to resolve these cases quickly and cost-effectively.
Employees can claim discrimination on the basis of protected statuses such as age, disability, sex, race, pregnancy, national origin, and religion. For employers, these cases can be costly from both a financial and “reputation management” perspective.
If your business has been accused of illegal discrimination against an employee or a group of employees, the attorneys at Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP, based in Dallas, can help. Our lawyers devote our employment practice to representing and defending employers.
We understand that discrimination claims can be a costly distraction for your business. Our goal is to resolve these cases quickly and cost-effectively.
We represent businesses of all sizes from small, closely held companies to Fortune 500 corporations. We negotiate, litigate and arbitrate critical matters concerning:
- Gender and sex discrimination
- Discrimination based on age
- Discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity or national origin
- The hiring, promotion and firing of employees
- Pay discrimination
- Human resources policies and procedures concerning discrimination
- Advising employers on how to respond to claims
- Retaliation claims for reporting discrimination or supporting another’s claims
Our Dallas Discrimination Lawyers Can Help Fight For You
Our attorneys’ representation of both employees and employers in cases of discrimination enables us to finely tune our arguments to achieve the best results for our clients.
Let us make sure your rights are represented. Our team will surround you with the support and resources you need. Take a moment and learn how we can help with your workplace discrimination matter. Call 214-382-9789.