Dallas FMLA Lawyers
Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Do you have a sick family member and an employer that won’t let you off? At Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP, our Dallas attorneys have years of experience representing employees in FMLA Leave cases.
The Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) is the primary law protecting an employee’s right to care for members of their family who have become sick. Under the FMLA, a qualifying employee may take leave to care for a spouse, parent, or child.
Employees may be eligible for this leave once they have worked for the employer for a year or more and worked for 1,250 hours in the previous year. Also, the employer must have at least 50 employees who work within 75 miles of the employee’s worksite.
While FMLA leave does not have to be paid, a qualifying employee has a right to up to twelve weeks of FMLA leave in a year. If your employer is making it hard for you to exercise your FMLA rights, our attorneys’ are here to advocate for your ability to be there for you family.
Further reading on FMLA in Texas:
- An Overview of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in Texas
- FMLA and Maternity Leave in Texas
- Intermittent FMLA Leave in Texas
- Teachers’ Rights Under FMLA in Texas
A Litigation Team At Your Side
Our attorneys’ representation of both employees and employers in cases of FMLA leave enables us to finely tune our arguments to achieve the best results for our clients.
Some advantages of our approach include:
- You come first – As our client, you and your interests are our first priority.
- Proven experience – We have successfully represented numerous employees throughout Dallas facing all types of employment law matters.
- Education and representation – Our lawyers will explain the different your rights under the FMLA and evaluate whether you have a claim for leave.
Let us make sure your rights are represented. Our team will surround you with the support and resources you need. Take a moment and learn how we can help in your FMLA matter. Call 214-382-4653.