Dallas Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Wrongful Termination Claims in Texas
Generally speaking, Texas is an employment-at-will state. This means that employers can fire employees at any time for any reason unless the employee has an employment contract.
However, it is against federal and state law for an employer to fire an employee for certain reasons such as discrimination.
At Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP, our attorneys both defend employers that are accused of wrongful termination and represent employees in claims of wrongful termination. We also advise employers about termination, disciplinary actions and other employment law concerns.
Texas Wrongful Termination Articles
- An Overview of Wrongful Termination Laws in Texas
- The Elements of a Wrongful Termination Case in Texas
- Understanding At-Will Employment in Texas
- Wrongful Termination Settlements in Texas
- Constructive Discharge in Texas
- Wrongful Termination Statute of Limitations in Texas
- How Long Does a Wrongful Termination Case Take to Resolve?
What Is Wrongful Termination?
Wrongful termination is firing an employee for an illegal reason such as:
- Discrimination based on race, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, national origin or another protected status
- Retaliation for engaging in a protected activity such as reporting discrimination, defending another’s claim or reporting a work injury
When Can An Employee Sue For Wrongful Termination?
If an employee believes that he or she was fired on the basis of his or her protected status or protected activity, he or she can file a claim under federal statutes, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and also under Texas state law.
Our attorneys can assist you in evaluating the merits of the claim and the best way to deal with it. Our lawyers can also document reasons for terminating an employee so you will have the strongest possible defense if the employee sues for wrongful termination.
A Litigation Team At Your Side
Our attorneys’ representation of both employees and employers in cases of wrongful termination and discrimination enables us to finely tune our arguments to achieve the best results for our clients.
Some advantages of our approach include:
You come first – As our client, you and your interests are our first priority.
Proven experience – We have successfully represented numerous employees throughout Dallas facing all types of employment law matters.
Education and representation – Our lawyers will explain the different types of wrongful termination cases and evaluate the merits of the claim and the best way to deal with it.
Let us make sure your rights are represented. Our team will surround you with the support and resources you need. Take a moment and learn how we can help in your wrongful termination matter. Call 214-382-4653.