Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Noncompete Litigation
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Business Disparagement and Defamation Disputes
- District Court Northern District of Texas
- District Court Eastern District of Texas
- District Court Southern District of Texas
- District Court Western District of Texas
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- D.cum laude – 2005
- Law Review: Baylor Law Review
- Texas A&M University
- S.summa cum laude – 2001
- Honors: Highest GPA in Major
- Lost Punitive Damages – Where Have They Gone?, Professional Liability Litigation @lert, May, 2006
- What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Insurance Law, State Bar of Texas 29TH Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, August, 2006
- Warm-up speech, Texas Appellate Section, Dallas Bar Association, on the case Gonzalez v. McAllen Medical Center, June, 2006
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Blake Edwards is a trial lawyer focusing on complex business disputes. Named by Thompson Reuters service, and printed in Texas Monthly magazine, as a “Rising Star” from 2013-2018 as a Top Rated Business Litigation Lawyer in Texas, Blake has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts throughout the state of Texas.
Blake also has experience arbitrating and mediating complex business disputes.
Blake grew up in San Angelo, Texas, then attended Texas A&M University, graduating summa cum laude and number one in his major. Blake then graduated cum laude from Baylor University School of Law, where he received academic awards and served as an editor of the Baylor Law Review.
Following law school, Blake accepted a position at Hughes & Luce LLP, which then merged into K&L Gates LLP, one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the country. During his more than 8 years at those firms, Blake had the privilege of working alongside some of the top lawyers in the United States, and obtained invaluable experience representing Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized companies, and individuals, all in a wide range of litigation matters.
Although Blake was able to work on a variety of matters while at K&L Gates, he specialized in business litigation, routinely representing companies in litigation involving claims for breach of complex agreements, fraud, fraudulent inducement, and negligent misrepresentation. Blake’s business litigation experience includes representing clients in cases involving oil and gas agreements, purchase and sale agreements, tax agreements, licensing agreements, construction agreements, lease agreements, insurance agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and non-disclosure agreements, among others.
Approximately three years ago, Blake decided to join his former colleague, Robert Wood, in forming the Wood Edwards Law Group which then became Lindquist Wood Edwards LLP after another Hughes & Luce and K&L Gates colleague joined the firm. Blake formed his own firm to give his business clients more rate flexibility.